Utilicom's products were
The LongRanger and WinRouter products have been discontinued,
although many are in service and will be for years to come.
A few customers are still drawing on delivery contracts for LR2020
signed years ago. Ongoing support for these products is available
from Wi-LAN, Inc
- LongRanger 2020 - 900 MHz radio with full duplex serial
interface for use in Nx64 kbps applications.
Highest data rate supported was 256 Kbps FDX.
700 mW output power.
- LongRanger 2020 - 2400 MHz radio with same features.
This radio was actually an adaptation of the 900 MHz product,
where the output power was reduced to 50 mW and an up/down
converter stage with a 200 mW power aplifier was mounted on
"upstairs" near the antenna.
- LongRanger 2050 - 2400 MHz radio with similar features,
but capable of data rates up to 768 Kbps FDX.
- WinRouter 2050 - same physical radio with ethernet interface
and packet-switching anypoint-to-multipoint using VINE
- At this point the company name was changed to UC Wireless,
and a bit later it became a subsidiary of Wi-LAN Inc in Calgary, Canada.
- WinRouter 2411 - renamed almost immediately to VIP 110-24
in order to align with Wi-LAN product designations.